For the many association members that rely on the use of Birchwood Drive, the City has provided a status update of the bridge construction project at Birchwood Creek.
- Replacement of the existing culvert with a new reinforced concrete structure with improved hydraulic conditions and conforming to latest revised Canadian Highway Bridge Design Code complete.
- Installation of the temporary shoring protection completed with one lane of traffic open
- Replacement of the water main completed by the contractor, with sampling and testing completed by the Region of Peel.
Work To Be Completed:
- Pressure testing of the water main and connection to be completed
- Installation of the guiderail
- Cut off of the temporary shoring
- Placement of the temporary asphalt pavement
-Road will be open to two lanes of traffic by January 25, 2012
- In the spring, when weather permits, final on site cleanup, landscaping and final restoration of the asphalt pavement will be completed.
Reasons for the Project Delays:
- Method of construction changed from a precast concrete structure to a cast in place structure to meet unforeseen site conditions.
- The temporary shoring protection required revision due to soil conditions
- Heavy rains in the fall required extensive road repairs further delaying the project
- Water main crossing the creek was replaced as well, where originally it was planned to support the existing water main.
If there are any further questions, please feel free to contact the Project Manager, Max Boyd at 905-615-3200, ext 5141, firstname.lastname@example.orgSHARE